This is not a title to which many would be drawn, but personally knowing the blessings of consistently tithing over the years, I wanted to see what this author had in mind.
Each chapter is the story of someone who has practiced tithing. Since it is a compilation of various peoples' lives of tithing, it is a different format. There were some viable interesting concepts included and Biblical reminders that tithing is commanded. But there were a lot of social justice issues emphasized and applauded which totally left out the absolute necessity of a personal relationship with Christ for tithing to have any real meaning.
Loving to hear the life stories of others, I was totally immersed when I began reading this book, but by page 82 I was bored. I plowed on to page 152 when the book abruptly ended. I thought some pages had been left out at the end!
I was disappointed by the minimal presentations of Biblical truths, and by the the greater emphasis on charity in all walks of life.
I would recommend finding another book upon which to spend your reading time...
Thomas Nelson has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy.

No comments:
Post a Comment