Monday, February 8, 2010

They're Here!

A little "wild"... but the paper whites are blooming!  Now that's instant gratification!  Planted on 2/1, they started blooming 2/7!  Literally, I think you could sit & watch them grow!


 
The blooms are small & fragrant, & a nice diversion from the cold weather outside.

Speaking of outside... this bush is right outside my bedroom window...

                                     


And this morning I have seen at least 5 varieties of birds having their breakfast on it!

Three pairs of bluebirds have been flitting in & out, along with a woodpecker, a Carolina wren, a cardinal, & an "unknown-by-site-to-me" little bird.

And THIS is what they are feasting on....!
I think they are enjoying the sunshine as much as I am!

3 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

I've been hearing a few more birds than usual, so that tells me spring is coming. Finally!

Kellie said...

I love your paper whites! I need to come and do some macro photography on them! ha!!! :)

The Buntens said...

Beautiful!

I keep my bird feeders fully stocked during the winter. They are the brightest spot to an otherwise dreary winter. Nothing makes me happier than to see a couple Cardinal couples playing around the yard.