Monday, June 28, 2010

Meme

I've never done one of these before, but thanks to my friend, Coffegal, I'm going to do it today... Spending the day back in my garden & pool meant no "creative" blog fodder for me today...

What color are your socks right now? No socks. Just bare feet

What are you listening to right now? The Braves playing the Nationals (the best thing to doze to, so better keep busy to keep the eyelids open...)

What was the last thing you ate? Grilled chicken, squash, & red peppers; sliced tomatoes; raw red peppers & celery; peas.

Can you drive a stick? Oh yeah!  And made sure both our kids learned to drive a stick.

Last person you spoke to on the phone?  My friend, Debbie, calling me for a recipe we have both used for years... couldn't find it.

How old are you today? 62 (no, that can't be possible!  I feel more like... 48)

What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? I really don't like to watch ANY sports on TV!  And my DH loves to watch ANY sports on TV... But I understand baseball & basketball (but don't like pro basketball, & get tired of all the ACC stuff that is on for so long).

What is your favorite drink? Lemonade, especially the low/no calorie Minute Maid or similar.

Have you ever dyed your hair? Forever!  I don't even know what color my hair really is (though I have a suspicion it is mostly... wh...wh...white... I could hardly get that out!)

Favorite food? Ice cream!

What is the last movie you watched? Toy Story 3, last week.  Very cute & loved the 3D.

Favorite day of the year? Christmas!

How do you vent anger? Have a talk with the Lord about how unfair "whatever" is.  I was reminded by Him through a pastor 2 weeks ago that I am NOT entitled to be angry or to think I deserve anything... because if it were not for His grace, the only thing I am entitled to is death.
What was your favorite toy as a child? My dolls. I was a mama to all of them & loved them.  I still have a teddy bear that I got when I was 6 months old that I slept with every night until I got married.  I told him all my woes & cried into him when I was sad.

Favorite Season? I love them all for different reasons.  I'm probably one of the few who even loves NC summers, but I love the flowers blooming & swimming in the pool, and all the fresh fruits & vegetables of summer.

Cherries or Blueberries? Love them both!

When was the last time you cried? Probably in the early spring, out of frustration, not being able to do the things I ordinarily do, because I had hand surgery & was still limited.

What is on your closet floor right now? Way too much, as usual.  It is a never ending battle to keep it clear.

What are you most afraid of? I'm not aware of any fears.  I'm thankful that God has already decided my destiny.


Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Plain, cooked on the grill, or with mushrooms, peppers, & onions.


Favorite dog breed? Dachshund & lab (NOT bred together...)

Favorite day of the week? Sunday

How many states have you lived in? 4: IN, IL, SC, NC

Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds  What is your favorite flower?  Whatever I can get to bloom in my garden & whatever DH brings me.

Did you get an H1N1 vaccine?  Yes, & a normal flu shot. 

4 comments:

Tracey said...

I'm having so much fun reading everyone's answers.

Totally agree on the favorite breeds not bred together...how funny would that look???

Kellie said...

Loved reading your answers!! :)

Gretchen said...

Fun to play and see others' answers. :)

Great point about the anger/fairness/entitlement thang. We are entitled to Hell, but for His beautiful, saving grace. Holla!

Unknown said...

I'm in agreement with Tracy...its fun to see your answers!

And I love NC summers (And ice cream!) too!