Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Simple Pleasures

  What small things in life can give such pleasure?  Well, one is visiting the original KK in Winston Salem where the assembly line process of making donuts is available for viewing while you eat your treats.

I LOVE that they didn't think they were "too old" for this!  They loved the hats & even wanted to wear them into the grocery later (they decided not to, but not because they were embarrassed...)


This sure beats any movie theater!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

YUM. Steve and I should have stopped on our way back home from Mt. Airy this past weekend. Didn't even think about that. lol Maybe next time!

Tracey said...

What a fun time!

I used to frequent the KK in downtown Atlanta...especially when the all night study sessions were in full force. It was usually the safest place to be, seemed to always have at least 4 police cars in the lot. :D

Janet said...

Brian and I had some when we were out of town a couple of weeks ago. I was telling him that I can't believe we don't ever visit the one in town -- but we both agreed that might be best! :)

Oh....but the things we WILL do on vacation! :)

Looks like a special outing for you all!