Friday, April 30, 2010

A Day at the Beach

What do people do on a beautiful 77 degree day at the beach on the last day of April?

Some fish... even if they don't catch anything, it is the joy of the sport.


Some go boating... enjoying the experience of really being ON the water.

Some soak up the sun, relax, and... talk on the phone.

Some go off taking pictures... like me!

Some walk... and pray...  Mary Kay was walking when she got a phone call from her pastor, who had some tests done today because of some heart problems.  I heard her praying for him while I was snapping pictures nearby, so I stopped & silently prayed right along with her.  Later she got a call from his sister & she prayed with her.  Since I was still nearby snapping pictures, I stopped again & silently prayed along with her.  Afterwards, she smiled at me & I walked over to her... "Sound really carries on the beach, so I overheard your conversation & I prayed along with you," I told her.  In her prayer she had used the Scripture about two or more agreeing in prayer & we both said that there were two on the beach agreeing in prayer right then.  We talked for a while, sharing a bit about our home locations & our churches.  Then she hugged me & said, "If I never see you again here on earth, I'll see you someday in heaven."
What a blessing to meet a perfect stranger, share in prayer to our Heavenly Father, and know that we will spend eternity together!  That could only be orchestrated by the One who created all this beauty.

6 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

Love that last paragraph!

O Mom said...

Loved this!

Tracey said...

So sweet!

The Buntens said...

What a great experience!

Anonymous said...

WOOOW!
what a privilege!
what a GOD!!
- TZ

Kellie said...

That is a special moment on the beach. Isn't it wonderful that even though we can be miles apart and never see a fellow Christian again that one day we will all be in heaven together?!