Thursday, April 22, 2010

Patience...

As I look out on my somewhat barren landscape where there are bits of green poking up & beginning to fill out with lots of brown still showing, I look forward to the "full bloom" time like these hydrangeas from last summer...  But I know I need to have patience until that time.

In how many other areas of life do I also need to practice patience?  Ooooh, too many to name.  What are the hardest things for you in which to practice patience?


6 comments:

Gretchen said...

Patience. Oh, indeed.

Thank you for your sweet guidance on my blog today. Don't take this the wrong way, but since my mom is gone, it's nice to have motherly advice from time to time. My son's complaints are a challenge b/c they stem from a lot of sensory issues, too. So, I'm constantly trying to balance increasing expectations with not overwhelming him. Unfortunately, I'm the one who is often overwhelmed. ;) Anyway...you're so right. I can certainly light a candle and serve sandwiches. Or...make big weekend meals where we are all more likely to be in attendance. Anyway...bless you for stopping by. xxxooo The Other Gretchen. :)

Angie said...

Oh this is a good one! I need to work on being patient with my financial situation. We got hit hard by the economy and the end of 2008 and all of 2009 where horrible!! Things have started going better but we are nowhere near out of the hole. Being patient for it to all work itself out and allow God's plan to unfold is HARD to do at times.

Anonymous said...

Being patient with others. Then there are medical test results and Dr. appointments.

O Mom said...

I agree with Angie up there, we sound as if in the same type of boat, and I am trying to be patient as we paddle back to shore.

I also lose my patience with my middle daughter and her reading, she was recently, somewhat, diagnosed with dyslexia, so it kills me to think of the times I was really short with her and now know she really couldn't help it. But I still find myself having such a hard time some days.
Thanks for the reminder and picture today. I will try and picture her as a beautiful flower, just not quite there yet.

Unknown said...

I struggle everyday with patience....The Lord has me waiting in many places...and has encouraged me to slow down. Which is difficult! But good!

Carpool Queen said...

Stop stepping on my toes :)