Friday, April 9, 2010

Yellow Everything

No, it's not yellow snow... not sawdust... it's NC pollen at its very finest!  The usual "count" is 1000 & it is at 3000!



These are our chair cushions on the deck before the pollen storm...





This is the cushion after the wind blew off much of the pollen...



 And after the rain (which we hope is on the way), it will look like the first picture again.







The thing is that you leave "footprints" outside wherever you walk...
Then track much of it in... yes, yellow tracks in the house.
It's in all the grooves & crevices, covering everything that doesn't move & some that does...



But I love the changing seasons, & this is just part of it.
So, Lord, bring on the winds & rain to wash away the yellow vestiges of spring!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Praise God for the rain last night and this GORGEOUS spring day today!! That pollen is something else!!

Angie said...

Oh my goodness!! I wouldn't be able to breath!! I have such horrible allergies! Thanks for following along at Treasures!! Make sure you check back on Monday to see if you won!! Maybe you could put the $20 towards a blower to get all that pollen off your porch! ;)

Anonymous said...

I've had a terrible time with my allergies this spring! Good to know it's not just my state that's suffering! Misery loves company, you know.

Angie said...

Sandy YOUR the WINNER of the $20 Home Depot gift card!!! YAY!!! Email me your address so I can send it to you right away!! Hope you'll post photos of the backyard rehearsal dinner!!!