Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tasty "Leftovers"

We had the most unusual menu for Easter this year that we've ever had (for our family); grilled tuna steak, salmon, catfish, & chicken.  The "go-with's" were typical & yummy: strawberry-pretzel salad, broccoli salad, hashbrown casserole, macaroni & cheese, celery, rhubarb pie, chocolate bundt cake, rice krispie treats, & iced tea (sweet & plain).
  So for dinner tonight I made a favorite of my hubby's that I rarely make: tuna noodle casserole.  I'm not crazy about it so I don't think of it.  But this had a different twist: I used the grilled tuna steak that was left over instead of the canned variety.  So here's my new impromptu recipe:

1/2  package of noodles, cooked & drained          
 1 grilled tuna steak, broken into small bites
1 can cream of chicken soup (Healthy variety)
1 package creamed spinach, cooked according to microwave instructions

Mix all together, add 1/2 c. water, & heat on stove until warmed through.  Serve.

Super easy, & even I liked it!

For a super give-away, check this out: http://treaures.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Carpool Queen said...

Check out all those desserts you had. I think y'all have a bit of a sweet tooth!

Sandy said...

Well, only R., Steve & I like rhubarb pie, & it was my "last hurrah" before the "gotta lose this weight before the wedding"!