Monday, April 26, 2010

"THE" Dress: Found!



The day began bright & beautiful...
with 5 gals excited about shopping for "THE" dress...




First stop in Raleigh with ideas in mind,


The "girls" begin the search...  
& the bride-to-be tried on a few dresses...

Then on to Smithfield....


A little girl's dream world come to life!
 
Not the "styles" we're looking for, but what fun to feel glamorous for a few minutes!


The bride-to-be looked beautiful in every single dress she tried on... but "IT" just wasn't there.  
So though I usually avoid shopping on Sunday, out we went again to search since she had to go back to Virginia by Sunday evening.

And she found "IT"!!!  
The one in which she feels most special. 
The one that she feels is just right for her.  
The one that she looks forward to wearing as she walks down the aisle to see "his" eyes light up when he looks upon her in it for the first time.

On August 22, I can post it on here for you to see...
But until then, you can only see the joy on their faces.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Can hardly wait until after August 22 to see the gown - but I'll have to! So glad the gown shopping has been completed. That's a biggie!

Joy for the Seasons said...

What fun and precious memories!

Carpool Queen said...

That's such a fun fun thing to do - I know the little ones were in heaven!

Unknown said...

LOVE the pictures. The Girls look so cute! what a special memory they'll have of this celebratory time!

I hope that after the wedding you post THE dress, I'm dying to know!

;)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the photos. I will miss not living close and making tuxedo strawberries,oh what fun is on the make for all of you.~Tara

Kellie said...

Can't wait to see it!!! :) So excited y'all had a great time together!

Anonymous said...

By the sweet look on her face...it's The dress. So glad ya'll found it~

Janet said...

Whew! That is a BIG item to check off the 'wedding planning list'. What a special weekend for all of you! Love this kind of joy and excitement!!

The Buntens said...

Oh Oh Oh! How exciting! It took me back to shopping for my very own dress and finding THE one.

I can't wait to see the pics in August!

What a fun day and a beautiful group of gals!