Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Good Friday

As I sat down last night after a day of "running errands", I began to think about the significance of "Good Friday".  When so many things seem upside down in our world, this fits right in (when right is wrong, & wrong is right...)  Yet without this Friday 2000 years ago, there would be no glorious Sonday coming up!  The guilt & shame that Jesus Christ took upon Himself that led to the Cross was mine! and yours!  He willingly took it, though He never committed one single sin ever!  And if I'd been the only person on earth, He still would have done that.  So it really was a Good Friday: a day that led Jesus to death & the tomb, but a tomb that would be empty on Sunday because He defeated death!


 Oh, that God would "break through all of our distractions and self absorptions and make Jesus the dearer to us." (LPM blog)  


I am so thankful for the salvation that Jesus gave me, and that He longs to give to any who will ask.  Do you know Him?

No comments: