Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spring Again!

This is a welcome site of spring that is still lingering somewhat in the Raleigh area...



But the Bradford pear trees are finished with their blooming... not so in the mountains!


The cherry trees are also flourishing here in the mountains....


I realized that I've never seen this bleeding heart bush blooming...

The blooms are so delicate, graceful, and colorful.


The lilac has been in full bloom when we have been here during May in previous years, but I've never seen the buds...



But one of my very favorites is the blooms on the ornamental peach tree in our yard.  This was such a surprise because last Oct. it looked like this tree had a disease & was dying.  We planned to dig it up this spring...  Though it still doesn't look really healthy, there are enough beautiful blooms that it looks like it may make it.


So I've had the opportunity to enjoy spring twice this year: once in the "flatlands" and once in the mountains.  The beauty of God's creation is such a gift to us!

4 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

Seeing color and life after a long, dormant winter is always so exciting to me! It never grows old.

The Buntens said...

Beautiful!

I think we were in the mountains one week early - everything was just starting to bloom but not like this!

Kellie said...

Isn't that great!? Glad you got to enjoy God's decorations a bit longer than the rest of us. :)

Unknown said...

OH those pictures are amazing!

I LOVE the spring...but then I LOVE the summer (Even the heat!) and then, when it comes, i LOVE the fall too.

I just LOVE North Carolina and her amazing seasons.