Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Hills Are Alive!

This is the  ridge across the street from our house in the mountains ...


It doesn't look steep from this angle, but it is not as sloping as it appears...

 The kids have fun on this hill...

  And love to climb it....


It is actually a "ridge" & the slope is straight up when you get going.  While riding scooters, the kids decided to climb the ridge.  After getting about 1/3 of the way up, we heard LOUD cries from this little fellow: "HELP! HELP! HELP! HELLLLP!!!!  He had gotten into some briars, lost his footing & began to slip.  He even yelled, "I'm SCARED!"  Since we were sitting on the driveway watching, Mama ran to help him, climbing the ridge... in her clogs.  Mama's don't think about their apparel or lack of good climbing shoes when their "little chicks" are crying HELP!

That was the end of the ridge for him that day, but the girls made their own little "campsite"...


Taking a snack up there makes it a home....



Amazing what a plastic tablecloth, an old blanket, & a great imagination can do!


I am so thankful to God for this special place He has provided for our family to share so many wonderful memories!


6 comments:

Angie said...

Looks like a great time! I'm sending out your gift card today! So sorry it's a little late :(

Unknown said...

I'll be singing that song all day long now!

Between you and NEM I feel like I've been to visit. Looks like you all are having a fantastic time!

Carpool Queen said...

I've been stuck on those hills before. The only thing you can do is sit down and slide.

Kellie said...

Looks like a wonderful time! :)

Anonymous said...

Note to self: wear hiking boots at all times while relaxing in the mountains. Because you never know when relaxing will turn into rescuing.

Suz said...

That little guy is such a sweet one! I can hear is sweet little voice saying he is scared. I got a good laugh thinking about mommy climbing the ridge in her clogs. We must be in fashion at all times! Hee Hee.

I had tears rolling down my face reading about the engagement. Sweet pictures of big sister embracing them.