Friday, March 12, 2010

Book Review


This is my newest "book review" and I'm happy to say that I can certainly give this one a big thumbs up!  I love humor in life & I love good clean comedy, which is difficult to find if you don't know where to look.  Having read some of Patsy Clairmont's previous books, I was delighted to have the opportunity to review more of her writing.  She has a great sense of humor (she knows how to laugh at herself & her circumstances, which would make all of us "healthier" if we'd learn to do that!)
   But this little book turned out to be even more than a good laugh.  The subtitle is "Seeing God's Wit and Wisdom in a Whole New Light".  I've always known God has a good sense of humor; He made us, which shows His sense of humor...(have you looked around at all the different "models" of humans He has made?!)  He made us in His image...  And He allows some very humorous circumstances in our lives! 
   "The straight-forward counsel of Proverbs" is direct, & who isn't looking for direction in their lives?  Proverbs is filled with gems (like the Kaleidoscope) that can create beauty in our lives when we follow these directions.  The chapters are short enough to make this a daily devotional, there are 6-10 practical questions at the end of each chapter to use on a personal level, or this would be a good book for a Bible study with new Believers or non-believers.
  Having done many other studies on Proverbs, this was refreshing & insightful, yet challenging in a daily living way.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Sounds good! I may have to give that a try this summer! :)