Friday, March 26, 2010

Love Me Some Paint!

It's true that old dogs CAN learn new tricks... even from their offspring!  My dear daughter is such a whiz at decorating & making tired things look snazzy (she even does that with me sometimes...)  So I followed her lead & bought some spray paint.  I'd already turned one brass lamp black & loved it.

So I decided to turn this one white to go with my bedroom makeover (speaking of turning... my mother would probably turn over in her grave if her soul hadn't already gone to heaven, seeing me PAINT BRASS!)  And the candlestick is my Goodwill find!  $3 for a unique candlestick with lots of character!  Notice the handle on the spray paint can?  There are a lot of things I still can't do after hand surgery on both hands, but I can squeeze a trigger!  This makes spraying SO much easier & clips on easily, too.


This is my other Goodwill find: it's a ceramic-type leaf that is the same pattern as the ones in the new chairs we got.  It was a really ugly color of blue-green with gold veins, but now it matches the black in the chairs & rug.  This is some serious fun!

7 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

I, too, have been inspired by your daughter's spray painting ways!

Kellie said...

Love it! I, too, have learned some spray painting habits from your daughter. lol

O Mom said...

You are so brave! I see that it does turn out so cute, but somehow taing the plunge with the spray can seems so scary. I must try it sometime! :)

Gretchen said...

I'm so proud of you to taking the plunge!
I noticed the leaf last night and loved it.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures of the new bedroom. Just today I asked Chris to move our bed to a new wall in our room, the start of a bedroom makeover!~Tara

Carpool Queen said...

I would have never thought to spray paint ceramic - Cool!

Suz said...

Spray paint is becoming our friend! Love what you did.