I swiped borrowed this post from my dear daughter because I made this Monday & we ate it yesterday ....YUM!

1 cup chopped/diced onion
1 cup chopped/shredded carrots
1 cup chopped celery
3 garlic cloves, diced
2/3 cup white wine
4 cans chicken broth
2 cups water
juice of one lime
pepper to taste
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
Boil 1-2 hours. Add 1 cup barley boil 20-30 minutes more.
Enjoy!
I substituted lemon juice for the lime (my lime was all dried up!) But I put in concentrate lemon juice & used about 1/2 cup.
I also substituted cabbage for the celery (put in 1 stalk of celery, that's all I had...)
I put all my vegetables in my food processor so they are not quite as "distinguishable".
When I reheated it the next day, I added another cup of water. You can make a lot of variations on this recipe, obviously!
2 comments:
This looks yummmmmy! I'll have to try that soon! I hope you are doing better. I have prayed for you. Wish I lived closer... I could have made you something, too. :)
Mmmmm.
Post a Comment