This is some really "deep" stuff... fluff, but I think it's fun to find these on other blogs.
Since it's spring, I was ready for some new "toes"...
I like the paler colors for the early spring, then get a little bolder as summer comes on.
I'd like to polish my nails on my hands too if I had any... But periodically my nails go through a spell of being so thin that they tear so easily that I have nothing except what covers the nail bed. I think the trauma to my hands (through surgery on each of them over the last 3 months) has exacerbated the problem. So I'm "hitting the bottle"... that is, this bottle:
It is like liquid gold $$$, but the only thing that has worked for me to rebuild my nails. I've tried the Ulta brand & some other brands, but none have worked like this. It is $14.95, but I recently found a set with 2 bottles for the same price, one shiny & one matte. You put 2 coats on the first day, then add a coat every day till the end of the week. Take it off & start over. It is the only way I can strengthen my nails to grow out again, & I'm not one for long nails, just enough to make me look feminine.Here are my "faves" on makeup:

I've been using the mascara for over a year, but recently saw that it was ranked above any other, including the very expensive ones!
This makeup I love because you don't have to match a color: this is "light/medium" & I'll probably move one shade darker when I've been out in the sun for a while. It goes on like lotion, creamy but not greasy. It blends very well & doesn't feel heavy, but gives good coverage. The blush is just a very little bit of color, so it blends well. If I want a bit more color, like in the evening, I use a powder blush too. But it's enough color that I can powder over it & still have a little glow.
My newest "tool" is long overdue. With curly hair, I have been letting it dry naturally because the hair dryer made it look so ... dry, & turned curls into limp waves. I've had two different stylists tell me I needed to use a diffuser, but I thought they took the curl out. I finally gave in last week & brought home a "mack-daddy hairdryer WITH diffuser". And what a difference!
And no, I did not get any payment for endorsing these products... they are just what I use & like.



3 comments:
I have curly hair also and love a diffuser, mine is old though, so seeing your pretty new one makes me want to keep my eye out for one!
Oh, we're totally girlfriends now, since you shared your beauty hints. My nails are probably just one step up from yours in the thin dept, so I'll have to check that OPI "gold" out. I've certainly spent $15 on lesser things. I like to go nude/pink on my fingers and brighter on my toes. I find that my toe cycle is: Jan-Feb: Red. Mar-Late May: Bright Pink. Late May-August: cherry red, maybe even with sparkles--holla!, Sept-Nov: Plums/purples. Dec: Holiday red.
Okay...I am not obsessive about these colors, but it seems a natural cycle. I know. I am weird, and taking medication. :)
Wow - that diffuser looks so awesome- makes me want one too!! Unfortunately the only way my hair looks decent is if I wash my hair at night and sleep on it wet. Can't use anything, on my hair, that I have to plug in and the first 2 min. of using a pic is the best it will look. If I mess anymore with my hair -- not a good thing. Here you get to use such cool contraptions. :)
Post a Comment