Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Here We Grow Again...

Thinking it would be fun to let the "grands" plant seeds & watch them grow, we began another growing adventure.


Some have done so well that I've had to transplant them into a bigger container...

Which means I had to get some more "pots" (the kind you can put right into the ground when they move outside)...



Some aren't doing so well (& if they don't show improvement, they'll be hitting the trash!)


Others are doing quite well...
The problem is, I thought this one was supposed to be 6 INCHES at top growth... & the package actually said, "6 FEET"!!  Not sure what I'm going to do with them until time to put them in the ground against a fence...
But I'm ready for it to warm up enough to start moving all these plants outside... & not have little pots everywhere!
Last year I planted seeds in big pots outside as soon as it was past frost, then transplanted them into the ground when they got bigger.  They turned out to be some of the best annuals I've had!  The zinnias did the best, so I'll be getting some zinnia seeds before long.
Yes, I'm SO ready for warm weather!!!

P.S. If you live in the Raleigh area, here is a great deal for today only.  It can be redeemed anytime in the next year!  It's a great restaurant.
 http://deals.livingsocial.com/deals/1146?ref=personalized-link-box-115186&rpi=115186

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Great experience with the plants! Too funny about the "6 feet" one.... :) Have fun planting!

Carpool Queen said...

love zinnias - I haven't started any seedlings, but Travis is ready to plant his annual peas.

Tracey said...

I just bought the Glenwood Grill deal. I hope you get at least 2 more buyers. Thought it would be a great place to spend my birthday.

Would you mind blogging about getting the zinnias ready for the garden? I have a little girl that would LOVE to plant flowers, but her mom doesn't know that much about gardening!

Always fun to visit your corner of the 'net!