Friday, October 29, 2010

A Hand Up

One part of our adventure that had us all laughing so hard was trying to "maneuver" the rocks in some places.
This rock was not easy to climb, but giving each other "a hand" helped out (an 11 year old & a 9 year old "lifting up" a 200+ lb. man was kind of funny...)

But once he was up there, he helped all the rest of us up.

For some it wasn't too hard...

For some it was really easy....

For others...

it was a bit more difficult...

but determination won out!

and neweveryam my sweet daughter found that laughing as you climb can make it a bit more difficult.

After you twist & pull every muscle in your body, the laughter just adds to the pain...but

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful,... the cheerful heart has a continual feast." (Proverbs 15:13, 15)

(Notice there are no pictures of me climbing up this one because I was taking all the pictures... but I think it took at least 2 of them to "pull" me up on it... just sayin')








5 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

I was thinking as I was looking at the progression of photos that there must have been a whole lot of laughing going on for all of you!

Amber said...

I love that we have you to show us all of G's funny pictures....

I'm sure she's thrilled, Mama!!!

Tracey said...

Love this! I can almost hear G laughing as she rolled onto the rock.

Gretchen said...

I feel like a teenager when her mom pulls out her baby pictures for the new boyfriend. THANKS, MOM!

It was a fun adventure and I'm glad that I could add to the hilarity of it. :)

Kellie said...

I have literally sat here and laughed OUT LOUD. This was too funny... only because I could so see MYSELF there!! Laughter does the heart good and I needed that today. Thanks for that.... and tell NEM thanks, too. :)