Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunday Reflections

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him, but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit."
I Corinthians 2:9, 10

I am SO thankful for God's Spirit living in me to reveal to me, in His timing (not mine), what God has prepared for me.  As I read this, I thought on the "positive" side, like a little kid at Christmas wondering what I'm "getting". 
   As I thought it through further, I realized that there are some things in our lives that are not pleasant, in fact they are down right hard! But how discouraging it would be for us to know those things in advance!  God in His mercy reveals it to us by His Spirit when the time is right. 
 I just need to remember when those tough things come, that God LOVES me!  He has prepared those events for my growth;  He will never leave me or give up on me;  & He has prepared me for whatever comes my way.  
   Most importantly, He has prepared a place for me (because I have given my life to Christ, & He gave His life for me), to spend eternity with Him.  What a comfort & what a wonderful thing to look forward to!

1 comment:

Kellie said...

So true in so many ways. :) Loved this!