Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tasty & Fun!

No picture today... didn't think to take one before we ate this all up!  But it would have been a really pretty picture.
   (This reminds me of the oft used Taco Layer Dip, but with a Greek flair.)

5-Layer Greek Dip
1 pkg. hummus (7-10 oz.)
1 pkg. (4-6 oz.) Feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 c. chopped tomatoes
1/4 c. chopped cucumbers
2 Tbl. chopped kalamata olives

Spread hummus onto bottom of a 9 inch pie plate.  Cover with remaining ingredients in order shown.
Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips.

As you can tell from my modified directions, there's a lot of flexibility in this recipe...
I used nearly a cup of chopped tomatoes (used the grape tomatoes), at least 1/2 cup of cucumbers, & a small can of sliced kalamata olives.
  I don't even like hummus (& neither does hubby), but this was delicious!  I used spinach/artichoke hummus, but I think any variety would be good.  It's a pretty dish to serve, too!

3 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

I love hummus--this sounds yummy!

Kellie said...

This does sound yummy!!!!!

Gretchen said...

This was SO yummy! I'm glad I got to be the taste-tester! I will be making this at my house very soon.