So I started cleaning out my closet about a week ago.... then life got in the way & I didn't "finish" it.

But even when I do ( I'll try to post pictures when it is finished), it will NOT look like this...
Really, who has a closet that looks like this?! Where are the slacks/pants? Who has 10 shirts/blouses? Who could reach those cute baskets on top? Where are the purses/bags/satchels? Maybe I am slow about cleaning out my extras, but I would not get it down to this no matter what. It makes a nice picture, but realistic? I don't think so.
But isn't that like a lot of life? We "see" a picture of a slice of life viewed from our perspective yet looking at someone else's situation. We may think we could not possibly deal with that situation. Or we may think we could handle it so much better than they are doing (of course, we'd never verbalize that!) We may try to spiritualize it or minimize it or blow it out of proportion. But our picture isn't even realistic. It is missing certain elements & we try to imagine different scenarios. We could save so much time & energy focusing on what we can do & where God has placed us, what He has called us to do & equipped us to do, & what He wants to use us to do.
Lord, help me keep my eyes on you!

3 comments:
Thank you! Who has a closet like that? People who do not live in their homes. Can't wait to see the finished product. I so need to clean out my closet.
Amen Sister!
I like how you hung your necklaces from your wire racks.
Here in my new house, the dum-dum framers put my rod and shelves at about the height of shelf in your unrealistic picture...it's so very annoying and DH didn't want to move it b/c it would mess up the drywall....not to mention: I'M SHORT. :)
we see a picture of a slice of life viewed from our perspective yet looking at someone else's situation . . . in which case i look at someone else's "closet," at times, & think, "wow, their 'closet' looks just like that pottery barn picture in sandy's post. i wish MY 'closet' could look like that." (replacing the word, closet, w/ "parenting"
or "skills" or various life things). and so what i need to remember is that the Lord has provided ea. of us w/ custom closets -- just the way He wants them. He doesn't want me to have my girlfriend's closet, nor does He want her to have mine. i have my "closets" for a reason -- ultimately so that His glory can be revealed through my closets. (i'm normally NOT an analogy person, but i'm diggin' on this one!) ;)
anyway, thx for this wonderful reminder of truth. i will thank the Lord for the closets that He has ordained for my life, & i so desire for Him to be glorified through them, no matter how good or bad they look through my human eyes.
- TZ :)
Post a Comment