Monday, January 11, 2010

New Friend/Enemy

I've heard the jokes about being offended if your husband gave you one of these for Christmas... But I was NOT offended! I was excited to try it! This was going to be my "friend"!

The "games" are fun & challenging, there is a variety of exercises, these are very "do-able", & I DO need the exercise. So after trying several different things, I decided to do some lunges... Okay, I haven't done these for months, so I thought it might be hard on my knees. Being very careful not to hurt my knees, I apparently put all the weight on my calf muscles (I walk a lot, go hiking, etc.)... because over the next 3 days, I could barely stand when I got up, then had to walk very slowly for several steps before walking normally, because those calf muscles were SCREAMING at me!
Ooooh, maybe this is an enemy, not a friend... But I'll give her another chance (and I need to give her a name!)

5 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

Ah, that thing we don't want to do, but must do, that should make us feel good, but at first makes us feel terrible. Hope your legs feel better soon!

The Buntens said...

I got one, too! My brother kidded my hubby about giving me one but I was not offended either. I just have not opened it, yet! I'm so bad.

I'm inspired by your post to open it up and give it a try now.

O Mom said...

Great gift, I would not be insulted at all!

Unknown said...

I would love to receive a Wii! I keep telling The Mister that we need one for "Educational Purposes"...Our kids do need a PE curriculum!

I definitely think you should name her!

Gretchen said...

I have a love hate relationship with ours too. If I miss a few days, she holds me accountable and asks me where I've been. Sigh.