Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Puppy Love

Some people are just meant to have dogs in their lives... And this little gal is one of those.



She LOVES her "Rocko-baby"!  His name is Rocko (he came with the name from the rescue group),  but she calls him "Rocko-baby" nearly all the time.



He is her pal, her playmate, her "waller-on-the-floor" friend, and her rough & tumble chase partner.


She also loves to meet other dogs & has no fear of them.  They can tell that she is a dog-lover!  While her older sister (who is NOT  a dog lover), climbed a tree in fear when this friendly dog came running up, MK made instant friends with the border collie from up the hill.


Then they were pals too...





And her collection of "inanimate" doggies (and other critters) is just as precious to her.  They all have names that she never forgets, & she has assigned personalities to them.  One thing that is very difficult for her is making a decision, so when I offered to add one to her collection last summer at the beach, she had chosen 3 that were her favorites.  It took threatening to leave the store without ANY to get her to choose only one.  So when the other two joined her "family" on Christmas, she was thrilled!




Don't you LOVE it when a gift is a real hit?!  And the smile on this sweet face says it all..












4 comments:

O Mom said...

I love that that the gift of (extra) animal love is so evident in some kids so young. And I love it when the kids want something soooo bad and your able to get it for them, but not let them know until later!

Rachel Cox said...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! =) I really enjoy reading your daughter's blog, and now I am excited to begin to read yours!

Gretchen said...

The day the black/white dog came running down the hillside was one of the funniest days ever. How can 2 sisters be SO different?! :)

The Buntens said...

Oh, I just love sweet dogs! And sweet kids with sweet dogs - the best!