Sunday, January 3, 2010

Family Secret

Recipe, that is...

You may have heard of my famous Flan that is as good as, or better than you can get in any restaurant anywhere (I've tried it in many places all over the country!) I've never shared the recipe before... & as you will see, it takes very few ingredients & is really easy to make.

It takes some time & patience, & a wooden spoon to caramelize the sugar, but it is not difficult at all.

Don't you love the little pictures of the ingredients? This cookbook is 42 years old!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The other really easy recipe for a restaurant favorite is on the bottle of Nellie's Key Lime Juice & of course it is for Key Lime Pie. After making this one, I cannot bring myself to order it in a restaurant, knowing how easy & inexpensive it is to make... & I've never had key lime pie in any restaurant that is any better than this!

3 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

I have never had flan. How would you describe it?

Gretchen said...

It is such a family secret, that I've never even seen the recipe. But I don't need to, since you make it for me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Perfect! And just in time for cold weather (I eat mine warm!)